Saturday, January 8, 2011

sweet pea.

I only think of one thing when I hear Sweet Pea (from Bath & Body Works) or get a good whiff of it.

7th grade P.E. class.

For whatever reason, my classmate Wency, liked to spray the Sweet Pea body lotion before, during and after P.E. I used to like the smell til Wency made it a personal goal to kill and torture me with it. Most people was happy that P.E. was over so they didn't have to stand awkwardly around pretending they were participating. Me? I was happy to escape Sweet Pea.

It didn't stop there. A co-worker of mine now likes to spray a certain body spray after she is done smoking.

Me: *sniff, sniff* That smells like Swee.... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I know, Reader. It's hard. I thought my Sweet Pea days were done after the 7th grade.

But guess what? Somebody gifted me Sweet Pea body wash for Christmas. But why? And guess what? I like it. But ONLY the body wash. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE!!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

hahaha that is hilarious! That's how I feel whenever I walk by A&F at the mall. I cannot stand the smell of that store! mainly because one night my guy friend got really drunk and sick and to mask the smell of his drunken-sickness from another friend's parents he sprayed A&F cologne ALL OVER the room, including my hoodie..which I didn't know until the next day I went skiing and wore the hoodie and the whole trip that's alll I could smell .i thought i was gonna ralph and now I hatee it.

Anonymous said...

haha. oh sweet pea.

Chelsea Finn said...

Haha Oh my gosh! That is quite an amount of bad luck with sweat pea. I have always prefered the lotion or wash over the spray even though nothing traumatic happened to me over it. haha. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Shannon said...

Aaaah 7th grade scents!

other culprits of my past?
sun-ripened raspberry and pearberry.

nostalgia.

Baby Sister said...

Wency?? Now that is an interesting name...
I have smells like that too...that I can't stand because someone ruined them. I'm just glad there are others out there.

Samantha said...

LOL! Ya I don't like the sweet pea smell either :)

ashley.warner said...

wowzah!
should we be worried about you?! hehe

LOVE SPELL was the scent of choice for pre-hormonal 7th graders in my school.

the 7th grade hall stunk to high heaven of it...and to this day it makes me nauseated. bah haha!

Anonymous said...

i just came across your blog and love it!
sweet pea is my most used scent :P