On January 18th I went to Petco to get some hay and bedding for my BFF bunny Lou. While I was there I saw a sweet little bunny who was up for adoption. I played with it for a bit and decided to hurry and leave before I got too attached. Well, right when I left I wanted to go back and get him. So the next day I went back and adopted the sweet little bunny. He was a Holland Lop, 2 years old, and came from an abusive home (grrr). I was so happy I would be able to save and rescue this little buddy.
I brought him home and it was kind of heartbreaking to see how timid and frail he was. You could feel his spine (and see it too actually) and his poor fur on his ears were matted. But he was lucky to end up with such an animal lover like me because he would see nothing but love.
I named him Murph. And Murph was a sweetheart. It was cute to see him and Lou chase each other.
However, something went terribly wrong on Sunday night. I was at the U of U basketball game and when I got home I went over to say hi to Murph and Lou and I noticed Murph was laying on his side which he never does. I laid there by him to see if he was breathing. After a while I started to panic and I shook him and his cage a little bit and said "wake up, wake up" The more moitionless he remained the more I knew the thing I was hoping it wasn't, was.
Little, sweet Murph had died.
I know it wasn't my fault but I feel so sad I wasn't there to be with him. My heart is broken. I looked on the internet and I guess it's normal for a bunny who was abused and to go from home to home is likely to have a sudden death. I wish it wasn't that way :(
R.I.P. Murph. I love you and I'm sorry you had such a crappy life that you didn't deserve. I loved the upside heart on your face.
I brought him home and it was kind of heartbreaking to see how timid and frail he was. You could feel his spine (and see it too actually) and his poor fur on his ears were matted. But he was lucky to end up with such an animal lover like me because he would see nothing but love.
I named him Murph. And Murph was a sweetheart. It was cute to see him and Lou chase each other.
However, something went terribly wrong on Sunday night. I was at the U of U basketball game and when I got home I went over to say hi to Murph and Lou and I noticed Murph was laying on his side which he never does. I laid there by him to see if he was breathing. After a while I started to panic and I shook him and his cage a little bit and said "wake up, wake up" The more moitionless he remained the more I knew the thing I was hoping it wasn't, was.
Little, sweet Murph had died.
I know it wasn't my fault but I feel so sad I wasn't there to be with him. My heart is broken. I looked on the internet and I guess it's normal for a bunny who was abused and to go from home to home is likely to have a sudden death. I wish it wasn't that way :(
R.I.P. Murph. I love you and I'm sorry you had such a crappy life that you didn't deserve. I loved the upside heart on your face.

1 comment:
Awww, how sad!! At least he got to enjoy a nice, happy life with you for awhile.
Post a Comment