Monday, September 19, 2011

dear kaleena.

I am going to write a letter to myself because I can.

Dear Kaleena,

Today when you woke up, you were hoping someone was going to be standing by your bed (without a weapon) to tell you that you didn't have to go to work today. After being disappointed that you DID have to go to work you, you got to use your space heater for the first time since the Winter and was happy about it. When you took a break for lunch, you saw a sad flyer posted on a pole that was for a lost dog... but instead of it saying 'lost dog' it said 'lost friend' and it basically broke your heart and you started to cry a little. You looked up recipes and came across one called "taco pie" and you pulled a really disgusted face at the image that popped into your head of a "taco pie". You finally found one for a lasagna and went to the store to get the ingredients. Making the lasagna went great until you cut your left index finger wide open and couldn't find a band aid in time. After overreacting to the cut and almost calling 911, you finished dinner and the lasagna was a great success. Then, you remembered that you will be getting paid tomorrow and was drowning in excitement. You made a note to yourself that read:

I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. I will only spend this paycheck on bills and nothing else. 

Then you found this pretty picture on the interwebz:


Kaleena, even though you didn't really DO anything today, you still loved this day. Now go shower before it gets too late, remember to check for spiders so you don't have another duel.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, I didn't even see the "lost friend" poster, and I almost cried.

Baby Sister said...

I like your letter. Good luck with the only spending it on bills thing. That's a tricky one.

April said...

I love you

Sara Elle said...

i never fail to LOL at your posts!