Monday, February 21, 2011

may i never sleep restless again.

WE GOT A NEW BED!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes.

We got a new bed!!

I'm just so happy and crazy I had to say it twice.

We upgraded from a full size to a KING. Let me tell you, I feel like a king on the King bed. Maybe that's why they named it a king... Hmm. Anyways, This means a few things will never happen again! 

I will never wake up buried underneath Steve.
I will never wake up clinging onto the side of the bed like a rock climber to a mountain who is about to fall.
I will never wake up in the morning wondering if someone beat my back with a broom thinking it was a rug that needed the dust beat out of it.
I will never lay in the side of the bed and gradually roll into the center (not on purpose).

The bed that has been hosting our place of sleep for the last two years has been Steve's since he was in 5th grade. Pfft. Yeah. Can I kindly remind you he is no a senior in college??? If you examine hard enough at the bare mattress you can still see a little 5th grade Steve body shape embedded into the mattress. That's probably #1 on my list of things I don't want embedded in my mattress.

Well I'm off now to go get acquainted with the King in our bedroom.

8 comments:

Off Label Mama said...

Oooh that IS exciting! I love king beds because it's like each person is sleeping in their own world. Did you have to get new bedding to go with it?! I'm a bit of an interior design/decor fiend. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for y'all!! God, I can't imagine sharing a full size bed with someone.. I barely have enough room sleeping in mine by myself. haha!

xo.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Really really jealous.

Baby Sister said...

That's exciting, lucky girl!! Enjoy it!! :)

Samantha said...

How cool! They way you described the bed just made me LOL girl! :)

I sadly need a new bed frame.. my wonderful Ikea bed is slowly falling apart... i really need to stop jumping on it like a 5 year old...... lol :)

Jodie-Ann Muckler said...

Yay for king beds! :D I'm jealous.
-Jodie-Ann

Anonymous said...

I don't have a bed frame on my bed this made me want to run right out and get one.

Congrats on your new bed I got a new one back in May and I know how exciting it is to get a much bigger nicer bed!

Kristin W said...

King is absolute necessity! SUPER exciting!!