Wednesday, August 24, 2011

things thing and more things.

I am grateful for the word: thing. However, I would probably have a larger and more impressive vocabulary if it weren't for the word thing, but thing always seems to get the job done when I need to talk about.... things.

Right now, I have some funeral potatoes cooking in the oven. That's right. It is my first attempt at making them and the process went surprisingly... safe. Nothing in the kitchen broke and I didn't need any bandaids when I was done cooking. This is a huge step because whenever I cook, it takes a day or two of mentally and emotionally preparing myself. Just standing in the kitchen makes me feel like I have zero skills.

Right now (part II) I have hair dye on hair, what I also like to call the roof of my head. If everything goes by plan, my hair will be a dark, brownish burgundy-ish when I rinse it out.

Lately when I take naps after work, I wake up thinking it's the next morning. When this happens, it's worse than death. So I lay there, staring at my clock with panic and alert in my eyes and then shoot up out of my bed faster than a dog chasing... whatever dogs chase. I run out like a crazy person to the living room and then realize, it's only been 10 minutes since I laid down to nap. It's a very dramatic and berserk time.

7 comments:

Brissa said...

funeral potatoes sound so good right now. i love that you call your head the roof and i do the exact same thing with naps. the worst is when i wake up and start freaking out thinking i slept through an entire day.

April said...

So... what are funeral potatoes? Should I try them?! lol
Hope the hair dye goes as planned!!

Sara Elle said...

very intrigued by what exactly funeral potatoes are? i hope not potatoes you take to a funeral?! maybe a little to literal.

luck luck luck with the hair dye! x

Megan and Justin said...

i seriously do the same thing after naps. I always wake up thinking it's the next morning! it's soo weird!

Callie Ann said...

I love your life. Its so similiar to mine, which makes it a thousand times better. Obviously.

Jamie said...

I absolutely hate waking up to that feeling!!

Baby Sister said...

Good luck with the dye. And I hate that just waking up feeling...I get it way too much!!