Friday, January 20, 2012

the internet rules.

Guess what? My neighborhood is cooler than yours. And this is how I know:

You can't really tell, but that is a photo I took of a movie being filmed. Yes. Just right around the corner of our apartment. Don't get too excited though because I have no idea what movie it is. The only person I recognized is Angela Kinsey from the Office, so that is a dead giveaway that movie won't be great. At all.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Anyone who uses the internet as much as I do or listens to the news has heard of SOPA/PIPA by now. For those of you who haven't heard, it's basically the government trying to make the internet less awesome and more censored. January 18th will forever be the day that I was most productive at work... only because my favorite websites (Reddit, Wikipedia) were blacked out due to protest. I signed two different petitions to stop the SOPA/PIPA bills from being passed. I got an email today that said this:

"A big hurrah to you!!!!! We’ve won for now -- SOPA and PIPA were dropped by Congress today -- the votes we’ve been scrambling to mobilize against have been cancelled.

The largest online protest in history has fundamentally changed the game.  You were heard."

So YAY! I was apart of history because I participated in the largest online protest. Can I get a big raise the roof?

4 comments:

Lily said...

Lucky you!!
You have a new follower (:
We won SOPA?

Katie said...

that's so exciting! i would be spying on them all day haha i love when i participate in protests or ways to stop things. ok that was bad wording, but raise the roof to you! :)

Kelly said...

I wish I lived in a cool neighborhood. A film set going on around the corner with Angela would be HUGE where I live because it's just THAT rare.

Baby Sister said...

I wish my neighborhood were that cool. I was so glad that SOPA and PIPA were dropped. That is the most retarded thing ever.