Sunday, January 8, 2012

being sick in bed.

That is what I look like with my new hair color (intense auburn) standing in Chinatown, San Francisco. (2011)

I took down the Christmas tree and Christmas decorations today. (waaahhh) So now the apartment looks about as bleak and bare as January usually looks.

I'm still pretty sick with this annoying chest cold. Annoying doesn't really describe it, but I can't think of a better word.

Since I was sick this weekend and spent a buncha time in bed, it gave me a lot of thinking time. I thought about what noises giraffes make, what I would be like if I was a boy instead a of a girl, why I can't go to the airport and watch the plane after plane take off and fly over my head without getting arrested.

Etc.

But I also thought a lot about what I've been through. Isn't it amazing how time really does heal and fix everything? I was thinking back on what was the worst feeling I've ever felt in my life. I don't like to think about it much, (because duh) but when I do, it doesn't hurt as much as it once did. Even though during that awful time it seemed like it would never end, it eventually does. And you are a different person because of it. Wow, sorry for the cliche overload.

3 comments:

whitney said...

sucks that you are still sick...but do you get out of working a little??

and i like the end of this post. time does heal all. but it is hard to realize that when you are in the middle. [boys suck...in my humble opinion...right now]

Wendy Lady said...

Your last paragraph is spot on. I know the feeling you're referring to, and I also thought I would never recover. I would never again feel normal. But I do. Time is amazing.

Also, I love your hair. I've wanted to go auburn for years now, but I'm scared.

Baby Sister said...

That color looks great on you!! I love it!! I'm sorry you're still sick...this virus that's going around is pretty nasty. I loved your last paragraph. It's so true!! I'm glad you're in less pain now. :)